First Actuarial puts delivering pragmatic pension solutions at the heart of its business. We help our clients and pension scheme members get the best out of pensions. After 15 years of stellar growth we need to grow our talented actuarial team to continue our journey.
We are looking to take on actuarial trainees with experience ranging from 3 years to near qualification and recently qualified actuaries, to join our growing Manchester team. We ask our employees to commit to us and we give you lots in return. In addition to a competitive salary, private medical and PHI insurance, and a non-contributory pension, you
- will be fully supported in your training and development, to qualification as an actuary, and beyond
- will have no billing or chargeable hours targets
- can work your daily hours to suit your commute or family commitments
- will enjoy an informal working environment and casual dress policy
- will join a friendly and supportive team
- will be given autonomy and responsibility so you can concentrate on producing quality work
We are looking for the right people to fit our business
- Experience - from 2 years to near or just past qualification, in a consulting environment.
- Skills - be an excellent communicator who understands how to express complicated ideas in a concise and clear way, and the ability to develop your communication approach as your exposure to clients increases.
- Characteristics - a can do, enthusiastic approach to tackling problems, and a desire to build positive teams with your colleagues and clients.
You'll be responsible for
- Liasing with clients at meetings, by telephone and by e-mail
- Monitoring deadlines and requirements on a portfolio of pension schemes
- Reviewing and specifying actuarial calculations (e.g. triennal valuations)
- Drafting and reviewing standard and bespoke communications
- Supporting the Scheme Actuaries directly in all aspects of the role
- Helping to develop more junior members of the team.
Not all work we do is traditional actuarial work - you probably know we often challenge conventional thinking. So we'd be able to give you lots of variety and challenge - utilising your well honed actuarial skills and bringing your own thinking.
Apply now with covering letter and CV