We need experienced Defined Contribution (DC) Pensions Consultants to join our expanding DC team based in our Tonbridge office, in Kent.
At First Actuarial, we put people and solutions at the heart of our pensions business. We make the complex world of pensions clear and accessible to members, trustees and employers. After 15 years of stellar growth, we are looking to recruit people with the right qualities to join us on our journey and make the most of working for such a positive company.
As a DC Consultant at First Actuarial, you’ll be advising a broad range of clients and assisting with our research by visiting product providers. Your work will make a real difference by meeting our clients’ expectations and helping us to build the infrastructure of the DC team.
Why work at First Actuarial?
Talented employees who are happy to work to the best of their ability for the business and our clients are well rewarded at First Actuarial.
In addition to a competitive salary, private medical insurance, income protection cover and a pension, we will give you:
• Full support with training and development opportunities
• Support and reward for professional qualifications
• Some flexibility in the working day to help accommodate your commute and family commitments
• An informal working environment and casual dress policy
• A friendly and supportive team.
We are looking for the right people to fit our business culture.
Skills and experience
• At least five years in a DC or DB pension role
• An advanced working knowledge of insurance company pension providers & master trusts
• Broad knowledge of relevant legislation and governance frameworks
• Have an appropriate qualification or be working towards it (eg Chartered Insurance Institute, Fellow/Associate of the IFoA, PMI Diploma in Regulated Retirement Advice)
• Excellent communication skills, with ability to express complicated ideas in a concise and clear way
• Self-motivation and ability to work autonomously, in line with the responsibilities that the role requires
• Ability to contribute to good practice and foster the development of junior team members
• Help develop the infrastructure of the DC team
• Possess strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills and
• Be an analytical thinker with good problem solving skills
You will make an active contribution to team goals, develop your skills and broaden your experience. You will be responsible for
• Attending meetings with providers, established clients and new prospects
• Scoping pragmatic solutions to meet our clients’ requirements
• Preparing and delivering provider selection advice
• Developing and supporting the delivery of our DC services, eg scheme design, auto-enrolment compliance, governance
• Maintaining our pension provider research work
• Developing opportunities in Financial Wellbeing
• Expanding your DC knowledge and staying up to date on pension issues
• Developing junior staff
Apply now with covering letter and CV.