First Actuarial puts delivering pragmatic pension solutions at the heart of its business. We help our clients and pension scheme members get the best out of pensions.
We are looking to take on university graduates to join our growing Investment Consultancy team. We ask our employees to commit to us and we give you lots in return. In addition to a competitive salary, private medical and PHI insurance, and a non-contributory pension, you
- will be fully supported in your training and development, to qualification through the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries exams or the CFA exams, and beyond
- will enjoy an informal working environment and casual dress policy
- will join a friendly and supportive team
- will be given autonomy and responsibility so you can concentrate on producing high quality work
We are looking for the right people to fit our business
First-rate numerical skills and a strong academic performance, with at least a predicted 2:1 undergraduate degree in any discipline, as well as the following skills
- Communication – be an excellent communicator who understands how to express complicated ideas in a concise and clear way, and the ability to develop your communication approach as your exposure to clients increases.
- Characteristics – a can do, enthusiastic approach to tackling problems, and a desire to build positive relationships with your colleagues and clients.
- Self-discipline –determined and motivated to meet the demands of studying and working full time.
- Problem solving – an agile mind able to examine challenges from various aspects.
Investment team analysts are responsible for a variety of tasks from asset liability modelling and client reporting to clear communications and advice. Keeping up to date with the latest investment market developments, pensions news and legislation is an essential part of delivering our services. You’ll be responsible for
- Investment performance monitoring and measurement
- Investment manager and fund research
- Liaising with clients by telephone, e-mail and at meetings
- Meeting deadlines and requirements on a portfolio of pension schemes
- Modelling various investment strategies, calculating the Value at Risk
- Ensuring asset transitions happen smoothly
- Drafting standard and bespoke communications and reports including calculations
- Supporting investment consultants directly in all aspects of their work
We like to challenge conventional thinking and would be able to give you lots of responsibility and a variety of work from day one.
We will be interviewing for this role on a rolling basis.
Apply now with covering letter and CV