At First Actuarial, we put people and solutions at the heart of our pensions business. We make the complex world of pensions clear and accessible to members, trustees and employers. After 15 years of stellar growth, we are looking to recruit people with the right qualities to join us on our journey and make the most of working for such a positive company.
As a Payroll Administrator, you’ll be processing pensioner payroll for a variety of clients of various sizes and complexity. Your contribution will enable us to meet our client expectations and deliver an essential part of our business, which is to pay our pensioners the right amount at the right time. The role will require you to communicate effectively with a variety of colleagues across the business as well as directly with our clients.
Why work at First Actuarial?
Talented employees who are happy to work to the best of their ability for the business and our clients are well rewarded at First Actuarial.
In addition to a competitive salary, private medical insurance, income protection insurance and a pension, we will give you:
• Full support with training and development opportunities
• Flexibility in the working day to help accommodate your commute and family commitments
• An informal working environment and casual dress policy
• A friendly and supportive team
We are looking for the right people to fit our business culture.
Skills and Experience
• At least 1 year’s experience in processing employer or pensioner payroll is desirable, but not essential
• A good understanding of HMRC requirements such as RTI submissions, Earlier Year Updates, Tax Codes and Year End processing requirements such as P60s
• Effective communicator who understands how to express complicated ideas in a concise and clear way. You must be organised and have a keen eye for detail.
• Self-motivation and ability to work autonomously, in line with the responsibilities that the role requires
• You should also be able to work to strict payroll deadlines and contribute to good practice and development of our team processes
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
You will make an active contribution to team goals, develop your skills and broaden your experience.
You will be responsible for
• Processing monthly payrolls – including processing new pensioners, deaths, amending tax codes and various lump sum payments in accordance with HMRC legislation
• Submitting RTI submissions to HMRC
• Responding to payroll queries from clients, other areas of the business as well as directly from pensioners
• Processing individual and bulk pension increases
• Processing Year End for all payrolls – including final FPS submissions to HMRC, issuing P60s and closing the payroll for the year
• Assisting with the take-on of new payrolls as we continue to win more new business
• Supporting the pensions administration team where required
Apply now with covering letter and CV.