Administration Team Leader
About First Actuarial
At First Actuarial, we put people and solutions at the heart of our pensions business. We make the complex world of pensions clear and accessible to members, trustees, and employers. After 15 years of excellent growth, we are looking to recruit people with the right qualities to join us on our journey.
Why work at First Actuarial?
Talented employees who are happy to work to the best of their ability for the business and our clients are well rewarded at First Actuarial.
In addition to a competitive salary, private medical insurance, income protection cover and a pension, we will give you:
- Full support with training and development opportunities.
- Support and reward for professional qualifications - https://www.pensions-pmi.org.uk/qualifications-and-learning/
- We are open to flexible working options including some homeworking and flexibility in your working day to accommodate your commute or family commitments.
- An informal working environment and casual dress policy.
- A friendly and supportive team.We are looking for the right people to fit our business culture
Team Leader – your role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our established admin and actuarial firm in Tonbridge. The main purpose of the role is to manage a team of administrators, your role will be hands on supervising and coaching team members and ensuring high service standards are met.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Supporting, developing and monitoring performance
- Ensuring the team maintains a high level of service and complies with standard procedure
- Dealing with non-standard queries
- Managing the smooth take-on of new admin clients
- Providing monthly updates to client managers on projects and take a lead in complex work
- Controlling workflow, allocation of work and leading team meetings
- Identifying recruitment and resource needs
- Challenge processes, identify and discuss improvements
- Work with the Administration Manager to improve operational efficiencyand reduce costs
- Be involved in the strategic direction of the Firm
Skills and experience
- At least 7 years in a DB pensions administration role, preferably with a third-party administrator
- At least 1 year's line management experience
- Ability to motivate team members of all levels and lead by example
- Progression in a PMI qualification or equivalent, or willing to study for one.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express complicated ideas in a concise and clear way
- Ability to calculate complex pensions and interpret scheme rules
- Awareness of legislative issues
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to meet client SLAs and contribute to good practice
Interested in joining our team?
If you are interested in applying for the role of Team Leader we would love to hear from you with a covering letter and CV.