First Actuarial puts delivering pragmatic pension solutions at the heart of its business. We help our clients and pension scheme members get the best out of pensions. After 15 years of stellar growth we need to grow our talented investment team to continue our journey.
We are looking to take on an investment trainee but we are relatively flexible regarding how much experience you have – our priority is finding someone who will fit within our team. We will consider applicants with experience ranging from 3 years to individuals close to becoming authorised advisers.
We ask our employees to commit to us and we give you lots in return. In addition to a competitive salary, private medical and PHI insurance, and a non-contributory pension, you
- will be fully in your development to become an authorised investment consultant, and beyond
- will be supported to study for either an actuarial or CFA qualification
- will have some flexible working options including some homeworking and flexibility in your working day to accommodate your commute or family commitments
- will enjoy an informal working environment and casual dress policy
- will join a friendly and supportive team
- will be given autonomy and responsibility so you can concentrate on producing quality work
We are looking for the right people to fit our business
- Experience - from 3 years in a consulting environment.
- Skills - be an excellent communicator who understands how to express complicated ideas in a concise and clear way, and the ability to develop your communication approach as your exposure to clients increases.
- Characteristics - a can do, enthusiastic approach to tackling problems, and a desire to build positive teams with your colleagues and clients.
You'll be responsible for
- Liaising with clients at meetings, by telephone and by e-mail
- Attending periodic team meetings in the office
- Monitoring deadlines and requirements on a portfolio of pension schemes
- Drafting and reviewing standard and bespoke communications
- Supporting our Lead Investment Consultants directly in all aspects of the role
- Helping to develop more junior members of the team.
Apply now with covering letter and CV