First Actuarial puts delivering pragmatic pension solutions at the heart of its business. We help our clients and pension scheme members get the best out of pensions. After 15 years of stellar growth we need to grow our talented investment team to continue our journey.
We ask our employees to commit to us and we give you lots in return. In addition to a competitive salary, private medical and PHI insurance, and a non-contributory pension, you:
- will have some flexible working options including some homeworking and flexibility in your working day to accommodate your commute or family commitments;
- will enjoy an informal working environment and casual dress policy;
- will join a friendly and supportive investment team; and
- will be given autonomy and responsibility so you can concentrate on producing quality work.
Purpose of Role
The role is focused on supporting our authorised investment consultants on a range of pension scheme clients, including managing client relationships, attending client meetings and producing bespoke client advice and reports. The role also includes helping to develop our group of junior and senior analysts. In addition, you:
- will be fully supported in your development to become an authorised investment consultant (if not already authorised), and beyond; and
- will be supported to study for either an actuarial or CFA qualification (if not already qualified).
- Supporting authorised investment consultants on a range of pension scheme clients.
- Liaising with clients at meetings, by telephone and by e-mail.
- Attending periodic team meetings in the office.
- Managing deadlines and requirements on a range of pension schemes.
- Drafting, checking and reviewing standard and bespoke communications, client advice and reports.
- Setting up and checking investment models.
- Helping to develop more junior members of the team.
- Specialism in other area(s) of the Investment Team; for example manager / fund / asset class research, development of investment models, documentation or DC work.
- We are looking to take on an assistant investment consultant who is nearly or recently qualified in either FIA or CFA exams and is close to becoming or has recently become authorised to provide clients with investment advice.
- Skills – be an excellent communicator who understands how to express complicated ideas in a concise and clear way and maintain good client relationships.
- Characteristics - a can do, enthusiastic approach to tackling problems, and a desire to build positive teams with your colleagues and clients.