We are looking to recruit a pensions specialist to project manage the GMP equalisation process for all our Basingstoke clients.
At First Actuarial, we put people and solutions at the heart of our pensions business. We make the complex world of pensions clear and accessible to members, trustees and employers. After 15 years of stellar growth, we want to recruit people with the right qualities to join us on our journey and make the most of working for such a positive company.
The role requires a recognised GMP equalisation expert who is able to understand all aspects (i.e. legal issues, data issues, scheme specific issues) to project manage this process for all our Basingstoke clients. For this role, it is particularly important to explain the complex and technical details of the issue to our clients in a concise and clear manner.
Skills and experience
- At least 3 years in a pension’s consultancy role.
- An advanced working knowledge of GMP equalisation.
- Broad knowledge of relevant legislation and governance frameworks.
- Have an appropriate pensions qualification or be working towards it (IFoA, PMI).
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to express complicated ideas in a concise and clear way.
- Good project & stakeholder management skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work autonomously, in line with the responsibilities that the role requires.
- Possess strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills and.
- Be an analytical thinker with good problem-solving skills.
You will be responsible for
- Project managing the successful completion of GMP equalisation projects across all clients.
- Liaising with pensions administrators, consultants and actuaries.
- Regularly updating client facing consultants on key issues which need to be addressed by their clients.
- Delivering and maintaining a suite of communication materials for clients and staff training.
- Attending client meetings as requested to explain the issues to Trustee clients.
- Attending management meetings to update consultants on overall project progress.
- Liaising nationally to ensure consistency across the business and share best practice.
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication to the role, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- We promote a good work/life balance through:
- Providing a friendly, supportive and informal office environment.
- The option to work in a hybrid style, combining office-based working with working from home.
- Flexibility in the working day/week to help accommodate your commute or family commitments.
- Pension scheme with 7% employer contribution.
- Group Life Insurance with four times basic annual salary.
- Training and accreditations encouraged and funded.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join and contribute to a growing organisation that rewards success and encourages personal development. If you meet our key requirements and would like to become part of First Actuarial, please apply now with a covering letter and CV.