Want more client contact?
We are looking for a part-qualified actuary to join our growing pensions team in Basingstoke.
Your key immediate duties would be:
- Checking actuarial calculations, with a strong focus on overall “quality control”
- Coaching and mentoring more junior team members
- Carry out more involved / bespoke calculations directly from time to time
- Supporting the rest of the team as needed
There would be an opportunity to move quickly into a more client-facing role, providing the primary support to the Scheme Actuary, with support available to help you develop / build on the necessary consulting skills. This would involve:
- Liaising with Trustees at Trustee meetings, by telephone and by e-mail
- Monitoring deadlines and requirements on a portfolio of schemes
- Reviewing actuarial calculations (e.g. triennial valuations)
- Drafting and reviewing standard and bespoke communications
- Supporting the Scheme Actuaries directly in all aspects of the role
You will probably have:
- 3 – 6 years’ UK pensions experience
- At least most, or all of the “Core Principles” exams
- A solid technical grounding
- Good communication skills
- A desire to further develop your consulting skills
We would also consider candidates ready to start immediately in a client-facing role.
Study support would be available for part qualified applicants.