At First Actuarial, we put people and solutions at the heart of our pensions business. We make the complex world of pensions clear and accessible to members, trustees and employers. After 15 years of stellar growth, we are looking to recruit people with the right qualities to join us on our journey and make the most of working for such a positive company.
As a Pensions Administrator at First Actuarial, you’ll be dealing with pension scheme members, explaining how their pension works, handling complex calculations and keeping up to date with changes in the world of pensions. Your work will make a real difference, helping us meet our client expectations and communicate effectively with a variety of third parties.
Why work at First Actuarial?
Talented employees who are happy to work to the best of their ability for the business and our clients are well rewarded at First Actuarial.
In addition to a competitive salary, private medical insurance, income protection insurance and a pension, we will offer you:
- Flexible working options including some homeworking and flexibility in your working day to accommodate your commute or family commitments
- Full support with training and development opportunities
- Support and reward for professional qualifications - https://www.pensions-pmi.org.uk/qualifications-and-learning/
- An informal working environment and casual dress policy
- A friendly and supportive team.We are looking for the right people to fit our business culture.
Skills and experience
- At least 5 years in a DC or DB pension role
- At least one PMI qualification or equivalent, or willing to study for one.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to express complicated ideas in a concise and clear way.
- Ability to calculate pensions and interpret scheme rules
- Previous experience of rectification or buy-out work
- Excel functions - formulae, lookup and macros
- Meticulous attention to details ensuring work is produced to a high standard
- Good awareness of legislative issues
- Self-motivation and ability to work autonomously, in line with the responsibilities that the role requires
- Ability to meet client SLAs, contribute to good practice and foster the development of junior team members, deputising for team leaders if necessary
You will make an active contribution to team goals, develop your skills and broaden your experience.
You will be responsible for
- Delivering pragmatic solutions
- Preparing helpful and informative documentation
- Assist in more complex project work when the need arises
- Developing junior staff
- Talking to pension scheme members, clients and third parties
- Guiding scheme members through their pension journey.
Apply now with covering letter and CV