About First Actuarial
At First Actuarial, we put people and solutions at the heart of our pensions business. We make the complex world of pensions clear and accessible to members, trustees and employers. After 15 years of excellent growth, we are looking to recruit people with the right qualities to join us on our journey.
Why work at First Actuarial?
Talented employees who are happy to work to the best of their ability for the business and our clients are well rewarded at First Actuarial.
In addition to a competitive salary, private medical insurance, income protection cover and a pension, we will give you:
• Full support with training and development opportunities.
• Support and reward for professional qualifications - https://www.pensions-pmi.org.uk/qualifications-and-learning/.
• Flexibility in the working day to help accommodate your commute and family commitments.
• An informal working environment and casual dress policy.
• A friendly and supportive team.
We are looking for the right people to fit our business culture.
Team Leader – your role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our established admin and actuarial firm in Basingstoke. The main purpose of the role is to manage a team of administrators, your role will be hands on supervising and coaching team members and ensuring high service standards are met.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Logical approach to problem solving and delivering pragmatic solutions.
• Supporting and developing team members.
• Monitoring performance.
• Ensuring the team maintains a high level of service when dealing with members, clients and meeting SLAs.
• Ensuring standards and procedures are complied with across the team.
• Checking calculations and assisting team members with difficult cases.
• Dealing with non-standard queries.
• Managing the smooth take-on of new admin clients.
• Carry out other duties and take on additional responsibilities that may be required from time to time.
• Provide monthly updates to client managers on any project work and take a lead in more complex projects as required.
• Controlling workflow, allocation of work and leading weekly team meetings.
• Managing work errors and identifying training needs and conducting 1:1 meetings as appropriate.
• Conducting mid-year and annual appraisals.
• Identifying recruitment needs.
• Challenge processes and identify improvements and discuss recommendations with the Administration Manager.
• Work with the Administration Manager and look at ways to improve the operational efficiency to reduce costs and become involved in the strategic direction of the firm.
• Providing regular updates to the Admin Manager.
Skills and experience
• At least 2 years’ experience managing teams within the pensions environment preferably with a third-party administrator.
• Progression in a PMI qualification or equivalent, or willing to study for one.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to express complicated ideas in a concise and clear way.
• Proven and significant experience dealing with DB and DC occupational schemes.
• Ability to calculate complex pensions and interpret scheme rules.
• Good awareness of legislative issues.
• Self-motivation and ability to work autonomously, in line with the responsibilities that the role requires.
• Ability to meet client SLAs, contribute to good practice and develop of team members.
Interested in joining our team?
If you are interested in applying for the role of Team Leader we would love to hear from you with a covering letter and CV.