At First Actuarial, we put people and solutions at the heart of our pensions business. We make the complex world of pensions clear and accessible to members, trustees and employers. After 15 years of stellar growth, we are looking to recruit people with the right qualities to join us on our journey and to make the most of working for such a positive company.
An opportunity has arisen within our Tonbridge office for a Deputy Admin Manager.
This role includes working towards:
- having responsibility for pensions admin staff in Tonbridge
- taking responsibility for immediate and longer-term recruitment and resourcing in Tonbridge
- providing support and development to the team leaders in Tonbridge
- being actively involved with firmwide projects
- having responsibility for the appraisals of team leaders and support for other appraisals where required
- producing performance statistics for the office
- assuming responsibility for workload management in Tonbridge
- promoting the firm
- reporting to other Admin Managers on
- working practices and developments
- new best practices
- new efficiencies
Why work at First Actuarial?
Talented employees who are happy to work to the best of their ability for the business and our clients are well rewarded at First Actuarial.
In addition to a competitive salary, private medical insurance, income protection insurance and a pension, we will give you:
- Full support with training and development opportunities
- Support and reward for professional qualifications - https://www.pensions-pmi.org.uk/qualifications-and-learning/
- Flexibility in the working day to help accommodate your commute and family commitments
- An informal working environment and casual dress policy
- A friendly and supportive team
Skills and experience
We are looking for the right people to fit our business culture.
- At least five years in an administration team leader role
- At least one PMI qualification or equivalent, or willing to study for one
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to express complicated ideas in a concise and clear way
- Ability to calculate pensions and interpret scheme rules
- Good awareness of legislative issues
- Self-motivation and ability to work autonomously, in line with the responsibilities that the role requires
- Ability to meet client SLAs, contribute to good practice and foster the development of junior team members.
You will make an active contribution to team goals, develop your skills and broaden your experience. You will be responsible for:
- Delivering pragmatic solutions
- Preparing helpful and informative documentation
- Developing junior staff
- Talking to pension scheme members, clients and third parties
- Guiding scheme members through their pension journey
Apply now with covering letter and CV