We are looking for a nearly/newly qualified actuary for a client facing role, with the opportunity to get involved in a variety of different actuarial and consulting work.
First Actuarial puts delivering pragmatic pension solutions at the heart of its business. We help our clients and pension scheme members get the best out of pensions. After 15 years of stellar growth we need to grow our talented actuarial team to continue our journey.
We are looking for a nearly or newly qualified actuary to join our growing Basingstoke team.
We ask our employees to commit to us and we give you lots in return. In addition to a competitive salary, private medical and PHI insurance, and a non-contributory pension, you:
• will be fully supported in your study and development, to qualification as an actuary, and beyond
• will have no billing or chargeable hours targets
• can work your daily hours to suit you
• will enjoy an informal working environment
• will join a friendly and supportive team
• will be given autonomy and responsibility so you can concentrate on producing quality work.
Your Skills and Experience
• Experience – from 5 years, with at least most, if not all the actuarial exams. A UK pensions consulting background and sound technical knowledge
• Skills – an excellent communicator who understands how to express complicated ideas in a concise and clear way. A good technical understanding of UK pensions work
• Characteristics – a can do, enthusiastic approach to tackling problems, and a desire to build pro-active teams with your colleagues and clients
You’ll be responsible for:
• Reviewing actuarial calculations eg triennial valuations
• Drafting and reviewing standard and bespoke communications
• Liaising with Trustees at meetings, by telephone and e-mail
• Monitoring deadlines and actions on a portfolio of schemes
Not all the work we do is traditional actuarial work – you probably know we often challenge conventional thinking. So we’d be able to give you lots of variety and challenge – utilising your well honed actuarial skills and bringing your own thinking.
Apply now with covering letter and CV